Part 2 of my haul from Seoul which features the mid-high end brands and other smaller brand purchases. For part 1 and to see more of the low-end brand products I picked up you can check it out here.
- BB Pore Control Cushion – new 2016 revamped cushion
- Mini Pore Waterclay Mask – my Innisfree clay mask needs replacing as it’s dried up
- Perfect Renew Regenerator – anti-ageing serum targets first sign of fine lines
- Water Drop Tinted Lipbalm – love my tinted lipbalms over lipsticks
I love Laneige but didn’t pick up too much because I have a lot of their products already and didn’t need much from their skincare range. This is a mid-range brand so pricier than the road shop brands but I managed to get 20% off my total purchase too.
- Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning (with a box of cotton) – didn’t initially want this as I’m still halfway through my old one but the saleslady offered me a big discount off the price and 20% off my entire order if I did so I went with it since I do like it.
- Urban Aging Corrector – anti-ageing serum. Their skincare is on the pricey side so I only got 1 serum to try for now as I do like their creams.
- Air Cushion Intense Cover – new 2016 version
- Air Cushion Matte Longwear refill – new 2016 version
I spent a lot in IOPE but also made a lot of savings than if I had bought these all online. Best of all, I got the blue special edition case to fit the extra cushion refill I bought. I had wanted to purchase this as I saw it on display in the shop with a price tag of 8,000 won but strangely they said it wasn’t available for sale. I was a bit miffed but then at checkout the lady gave me the blue case as a free gift as I had spent a fair bit! I was mega happy so I left the store with no regrets haha.
- Hanyul Rice Essential Skin Softener x2 – KRW 35,000 for 1 but I got a deal of 56,000 for 2.
- Hanyul Pure Artemesia Cleasing Foam – heard good things about this and a big tube for only 14,400 so it will last for ages.
- Hanyul Pure Artemesia Watery Calming Cream
- Aritaum Eye Fix Primer
- Aritaum All Day Concealer
- Mamonde Real Skin Founder
- IOPE Super Vital Cream Bio Excellent
- Hanyul Artemesia Toner + Fluid (free in deal with IOPE cream)
I got a great deal in Aritaum that I was extra happy with. I had initially picked up the full size Hanyul Artemesia Fluid but the lovely saleslady recommended that if I bought the new IOPE cream instead I would get 20% off everything and and she would throw in the travel size versions of the Artemesia fluid AND toner which actually contained more than the full size versions of each one. With the discount and freebies (plus claiming tax free), it more than covered the expensive cost of the IOPE cream (originally KRW100,000), which I had already been eyeing up at the IOPE store but couldnt bear to make the splurge. So I actually got the cream for less than half of what it actually cost. Korean beauty brands have the best deals!
- Cell Essence – KRW60,000 for the bottle but still the same price if you get the boxset which comes with cotton pads and sheet masks.
- Age Reverse Cushion – been wanting to try this for ages.
- CC Cream – few youtubers I follow seem to really like this so it got me curious. My first CC cream that isn’t a cushion actually.
- Hera Magic Starter No.3 Green – I didn’t plan on getting this and I do have a bit of regret that I got such an expensive colour corrector but the saleladies were so persuasive and convincing me to pick one more item to meet the price target for receiving lots of freebies. Damn those freebies. I can’t resist. To be fair though, I did get amaazing free gifts (full size makeup products), and travel size samples of a few of their entire skincare range which I’d been wanting to try out. As well as 2 makeup bags.
The girls at the Hera counter seemed to be having a whale of a time. Never seen shop assistants having so much fun laughing and giggling. It was quite cute to see. They did however overcharge me by about KRW5,000 which I didnt even notice until they hurriedly called me back from another counter I was browsing and gave me the refund while profusely apologising and throwing more free samples my way. I just love Korean customer service and their generous sample giving. 🙂
- Perfecting Cushion Intense – new 2016 release
OMG. Look how stunning this new cushion is from Sulwhasoo. Everything about it screams luxurious. And at KRW80,000 (after tax free), this makes it my most expensive single makeup splurge ever. Cushions are my weakness.
- Moisture Bomb Cushion (cover version) – looks exactly like the original one but it has a sticker on the top that indicates it is the one with higher coverage
- The True Cream Aqua Bomb
- Hungarian Water Essence
I bought these in the big department store next to the Lotte Young Plaza before I realised they have two stores located in Myeongdong. Nevertheless, the Belif counter (located on the lower ground floor next to the Lotte supermarket) has a wide range of products available.
7. PONY EFFECT/MEME
- Pony Effect Everlasting Cushion – the packaging is beautiful
- Pony Effect Pebble Blender
- I’m MEME 5 air cushion puffs
Good selection of Pony Effect products in the Lotte Young Plaza but I only really wanted to try the cushion and pebble blender. Also saw Pony selling in a few Watsons.
8.TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL/MOONSHOT
- Moonshot Microfit ‘GD cushion’
- TCFS Egg Mouse Pack
- TCFS Artclass By Rodin Blusher
Picked up the GD cushion at the Moonshot store in Myeongdong. TCFS is on the same side street and I couldn’t wait to get the blusher because I already have the contour and highlight palettes and they are amazing. Didn’t plan to get the egg mouse pack even though it is popular but after trying it out in store I liked it enough to purchase it.
9. SSIN STEALER x Unpretty Rapstar
- Contour and highlighter palette
Ssin nim is actually a very funny Korean beauty youtuber and she recently released her small makeup line in collaboration with Unpretty Rapstar (ended up watching so much of this show when I was in Korea as it was always on TV haha). As soon as I saw she had a highlight and contour palette similar to the TCFS ones, I was desperate to get them. They only sell at Wonderplace shops and I found these in the COEX mall in Gangnam. (They dont stock them in the Wonderplace in Lotte Young Plaza, Myeongdong).
When I first spotted this store in Myeongdong it was bare and they were obviously just opening a new store. I’m not sure if they have other stores already but this is the only Forencos I saw. I went in when it was ready and beelined straight for the cushions because I had seen these previously on Instagram and just loved the colours, logo and packaging. I’ve not read any reviews so no idea how these perform; I bought this solely on how it looks and the fact that Song Joong Ki is the face of the brand. Haha. I wanted the cover version but love the green colour more so I picked up both.
- Goodal Waterest Set – with first essence, eye cream, sleeping pack and emulsion. Only planned to pick up the first essence but Clio were having 30% discount on this boxset. Really happy to pick it up for about the same cost as the essence itself as I can try the rest of the line now.
- Goodal Keratina anti-aging double serum light – this is a new serum from Goodal which smelt great and felt really nice when I tested it so I picked it up in light. (Regular version bit thicker and more oily).
- Clio Kill Cover Founwear Waterkill Cushion – I wanted this in the new limited edition blue ‘water’ packaging but it was sold out in my shade so I just had to get the regular case edition. (20% off).
- Pro Dual contouring stick – came in 3 shades and no.2 seemed to be the best as no.1 ran too light and no.3 was a bit muddy.
- Clio Kill Black Pen Liner – have the brush version and feel like the pen liner would be better.
I’ve been wanting to try the Goodal skincare brand under Clio for awhile now, as well as one of their cushions so I was happy they were both on sale when I purchased them.
12. CHATEAU LABIOTTE
This brand has really blown up since their wine lipsticks were released and I’m not surprised because look how adorable this is! I passed their shop in Myeongdong and couldn’t resist taking a look. I probably wouldn’t have bought this had it not looked so cute but the lipsticks themselves are actually getting really good reviews.
13. OLIVE AND YOUNG
- Mamonde Rose Water Toner – discount for larger size
- Mamonde Lotus Micro Cleansing Foam x2 – buy 1 get 1 free
- Mamonde First Energy Serum
- Son & Park Beauty Water – includes smaller travel size bottle
- Ryeo Anti-hair loss shampoo – for mum
- Verite Aurora Cover Cushion
- Shrek & Kung Fu Panda sheet masks + foot peel for dad
- Clensure Professional Ion Massager Snowy
- Neogen Bio Peel Lemon/Wine (single packet version)
- Neogen Bio Peel Gauze Peeling Wine
- Neogen Bio Peel Gauze Peeling Green Tea
- Neogen Real Fresh Cleansing Stick Green Tea x2
- Neogen Real Fresh Foam Green Tea x3
And finally, I had a big splurge at Olive & Young in the last couple days of my stay in Seoul because they were having a huge 50% off sale. Practically everything in store was discounted. Love Olive & Young because it’s basically like a drugstore (i.e. Boots in the UK), where they sell various brands. I’ve heard great things about Neogen that I went a bit crazy stocking up on their products because they’re not easy to get hold of online or are overpriced. Mamonde, Verite and Son&Park are also brands that are easily found here.
Phew! So that concludes my giant haul! Hope you’ve enjoyed seeing everything I got in Seoul and if you’d like me to do a review on any of the products mentioned here or in part 1 of my haul, just let me know. 🙂
This is an amazing haul!!!
Thanks haha. Quite a crazy haul ><
OMG this all looks absolutely amazing – the mini beauty water & all that Neogen stuff esspecially!!!! This makes me want to go to SK so so much – hopefully I’ll get there one day!
Yeah I’m super happy with the Neogen stuff. What I’ve tried so far has felt so good on my skin! I hope you get the chance to go too – seriously beauty heaven. 🙂
Loved seeing all the new stuff. And I’m curious about the new Sulwhasoo, Forencos, and Hera Age Reverse cushions. –Angela
Theyre also the cushions I’m most curious about too haha.
What an amazing haul! It makes me wanna go to Korea anytime soon!
Look psychotic 😀 *LOL* How many days did you shop?
I did a little bit each evening since my hotel was in the myeongdong area. So I didnt realise exactly how much I’d purchased until I gathered it all up to try and pack it in my suitcase haha. ><
Holy haul! I don’t ever think I’ve ever seen something so amazing! 💕