This week I’ve been nominated for my first Beauty Blogger Award by Lily at A River Lily – thank you! 🙂 Check her out if you haven’t already, she has a great site.
Beauty Blogger Award
- Thank and link to the person that nominated you
- Answer their set of 10 questions
- Create 10 new questions and nominate other beauty bloggers
- How did you first get into beauty blogging?
I’ve always loved reading beauty blogs but it wasn’t until my last trip back to Korea in October that inspired me to start my own. I had hauled so much and was really excited to change up my skincare and makeup routine after quitting my job flying. I wanted to share my experience with others and especially those who didn’t know much about K-beauty because it’s still a small niche in the UK.
2. What’s your next repurchase?
The Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power liquid. Love this stuff and I need a new one because my bf has discovered the magic it wields and is hogging it for himself.
3. Current favorite/most recommended show?
I just finished ‘Making a Murderer’ last week and I highly recommend it. It’s a 10 part documentary on Netflix about a man who serves 18 years in prison for a rape he didn’t commit, gets exonerated but then 2 years later is charged with murder and is currently serving a life sentence without parole despite claiming his innocence. Sounds heavy and serious, but is completely engrossing in a frustrating, want-to-shout-at-my-tv kinda way.
On a more lighthearted note, I’m currently re-watching all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Such a cult classic TV show. Brings back so many childhood memories. Oh Angel crush. Swooon. (Though actually, I prefer Riley this time around haha.)
4. Of what “beauty sin(s)” are you guilty?
Taking power naps with makeup on. Also, licking my dry lips too much which makes it worse, and pulling off flaky skin. It’s so satisfying in the moment to pull of dead skin but then I usually regret it immediately when my lips start bleeding and feel raw. Ouch.
5. What 2015 beauty, skincare, and/or fashion trend do you hope will stick around this year? Will you stick with it regardless?
I don’t really follow fashion trends. I just wear what I like and feel comfortable in. For beauty and skincare, I’m addicted to the cushion compact trend. I love these so so much! I don’t think I could be without them now. I definitely hope it sticks around for a long time to come and I’m excited to see what new products will be released for the spring/summer season.
6. What’s your 2016 beauty resolution/goal?
My 2016 beauty resolution is simply just to take care of my skin better and not neglect it like I did last year. This means having a regular skincare routine both morning and night (regardless of whether I wear makeup or not) and no matter how tired I am in the evening. So far I’m doing well and this is much easier now that I’m not constantly flying around the world, jet-lagged and exhausted all the time.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve (in beauty or in general)?
Tanning. Lol I feel a rant coming on. So it really started irritating me when I realised how prevalent and popular it is among cabin crew. You go to all these exotic, beautiful countries and rather than exploring, people would just prefer to lie by the hotel pool or the beach for 2 straight days just because they want to get an awesome tan. Well then I see them a couple days later, ready to fly back home and they come on the plane all sore, burnt, tomato red and their skin literally peeling off and looking in absolute pain whenever they move.
Why do people put themselves through that?? Not only does it NOT look good, in the long term you’re doing some serious harm to your skin which can lead to skin cancer. People clearly aren’t wearing enough sunscreen and regularly topping up while they sunbathe, but I doubt they’re wearing the correct sunscreen that provides broad spectrum protection. I’ve seen some middle-aged people look sooo aged and wrinkled (which you can tell is from long-term sun exposure), that look about 80 instead of 40. I just feel so bad for these people that risk their health just to look good temporarily.
8. Most overrated product in your experience?
I don’t think I have one. I generally think if a beauty product is hyped then its deserved because it works well for a lot of people. I like using the Missha First Treatment Essence. Do I see the spectacular results that others do? No. So I guess this could be classed as overrated considering the amount of glowing reviews it gets. But that’s not to discredit others who found this amazing because everyone has a different experience.
9. Which topic(s) do you wish the beauty community would discuss more often, or more in-depth?
I’m really interested in the medical science, technology and process of making beauty products but I have really limited knowledge on this aspect so it’d be great if that was ever covered more in-depth.
10. Would you rather fight 100 snail-sized donkeys, or one donkey-sized snail?
Haha love this question. Definitely 100 snail-sized donkeys. I like donkeys, they’re cute. If I had to fight them, 100 tiny sized ones would be manageable, but I’d rather keep them as little pets. A donkey-sized snail – well that’s a frightening thought. I may like my snail skincare, but I don’t much like the real living thing, much less a donkey-sized one!
My 10 new questions:
- If you could only pick 1 skincare and 1 beauty product what would they be?
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- What’s your favourite beauty brand?
- What was the last film you saw in the cinema?
- What aspect of make-up application do you wish you were better at?
- A future life/or blog goal?
- Your no.1 beauty advice for others?
- What’s your most guilty-pleasure splurge item?
- If you could live anywhere else in the world where would it be?
- Describe your personality in 3 words.